Prepare for Camping Trip in Terengganu
Camping is a fun and exciting experience, but to stay organized and safe, you must prepare for the trip.
1. Decide who are you camping with. If it’s just you or your family, the next step is not quite as important. However, If you are taking a scout troop or a group of friends, read the next step carefully.
2. Make sure you get insurance information and health information before you do anything else. If someone is injured on the trip, the insurance information may make a huge difference in the care they receive. Health info is very important in planning the trip, because, for example, you can’t pack Peanut Butter if your friend is allergic to peanuts. If someone who is coming needs routine medication, make sure they have it. If they wear glasses or contacts, make sure they have a case, saline (contacts only), and/or a spare pair of glasses.
3. Set up a first aid kit. If you’re not sure what to put in it, read “Things You’ll Need”. You should also teach yourself a bit about First Aid.
4. Decide how long you will stay and figure out where you’ll be sleeping. If you do not know this, you may go to the trouble to purchase and/or pack a tent when you can sleep in a cabin.
5. Pack an appropriate amount of food: enough for three meals and an optional snack per day. Try not to pack too many perishable food items, like cheese, chicken, and milk. Basically, try to avoid dairy products and meat, because they can make you sick if you eat them when they go bad. Trail mix is great for snacks, fruit for breakfast, crackers for lunch, and leftovers for dinner. Also, remember to pack lots of water.
6. Get together all of the other things on the “Things You’ll Need” list, and try to pack them in a small, lightweight bag. You can put smaller items in a backpack or rolling suitcase, and the larger items like your sleeping bag can be carried in a garbage bag. They are great for carrying and can be folded and stubbed into a small space until needed.
7. Load everything into your car and hit the road!